Monday, October 31, 2011

While I have some time on my hands now waiting for my project group mate to send me something that was long overdue, I shall rant. I swear, projects are the bane of my existence in university. If you think PW is worse, wait till you come to university and have to deal with at least one project every semester for the next three or four years.

Projects, in my opinion, are a real eye opener. They open up your eyes to people around you, and even those people you call your 'friends'. If you thought the people (read: girls) in poly or JC are bitchy enough, wait till you come to university. No wonder people said the friendships you make that will last you a lifetime are those forged in secondary school. I cannot agree more. That said, it's not like my friendships from JC are dead. And yes I know I sound like a freaking asshole saying girls are damn bitchy but hey, it's the truth. Do you see guys backstabbing each other as much as girls do? Do you see them gossiping about their friends as much as girls do? I highly doubt it. This is why I think guys make better friends. Harsh fact of life, but true. Friends? Friends are the WORST project group mates ever. 'Friends' whom you thought you could trust and count on turn around and tell untruths to other group members only to cause a rift in your friendship. Seriously, I wonder what do people get out of that? Friends whom you thought were 'dependable', but end up being the burden in your project group. Pushing datelines, handing up sloppy work, doing things against what the group has decided on. You name it, my group has it.

I asked the rest today if they'd rather have a slacker for a team-mate, or an overly opinionated one who talks too much and does too little. They'd rather have a slacker. After thinking it over, I would much prefer a slacker. And I absolutely detest freeloaders. So that shows how much I dislike the latter. Doing things behind your back, sneaking around and smearing you then pretending like you're innocent. That's so, so low. Insisting on things going your way, forcing your opinions into every single thing and refusing to take no for an answer. I would really love to see how your life is gonna turn out. Can't wait. *gets comfy on my chair*

I'm not blogging this because I think I'm better than those people (heck, actually I don't think it - I know it! HA!) or because I'm self-righteous (lol the whole post makes me sound self-righteous though omg I'm so contradictory) and this is just a little harmless ranting (yeah right hahaha). I admit I'm not perfect, but I'm not as incorrigible as you are. I don't push datelines like you do, and I certainly don't submit sloppy work (perfectionist at work hehehe) which is why THIS PUTS ME IN A POSITION TO CRITICIZE YOU. And at least I don't back-stab my own friends the way you do. I don't try to breakup friendships (honestly you sound like an insecure bitch trying to grab on to the possibly only friends you have by destroying other people's friendships) by telling lies to others. And hey this isn't backstabbing, I'm writing it here for the whole world to see. I'm not low like you :) I'm not fake like you, after having the nerve to bitch about _, you actually dared to act like nothing happened. Thankfully we're not ignorant idiots.

You know what's worse? Not knowing their fault and having the audacity to bitch about other people. Goodness, I can't wait for this semester to be over. These 3 months have been a real eye-opener and I got to learn who my true friends are. And I'm glad to know that. We didn't burn this bridge, you did.

For those of you who feel a tinge of guilt as you read my rant, Barbie has something for you:


UP YOURS!!!!!

HAHAHA this is damn lame but I tried to mosaic her middle finger but it kinda didn't work out and I tried to blur it but it failed also. Well for obvious reasons right.. Vulgarity fast ftw lah! Well you get my point. Can't wait for this semester to be over. Can't wait to stop having to associate myself (and my friends) with a parasite. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment