Friday, January 18, 2013
Une Lettre Pour Vous
Last night on the phone with you, I was reminded of how the best things in life are really free. We haven't really talked on the phone at night before we slept in a long, long time, and last night's phone call made me realize how much I missed the simplicity of things with you. I love how we can bicker over the most random things, muse about our future together, talk about weird stuff, and just confide in each other. I think we really need more of such talks :) You've been really busy of late, and the only time we really have left these days are just snippets - a few hours at a go, no more full days of dates anymore. To be honest, I do miss how we used to be, when we were more carefree and we had more time for each other. Back then, it felt like we could do anything and everything we wanted. Taking long drives with no destination (remember you showing me your cycling route?), traveling all over the place for cheap yet good food (Bedok 85 hehe), going to the parks to take long walks just because we felt like it. We haven't really had time to do such seemingly inane things (to third parties) anymore because you've been mostly busy with work, and when we do have the time, it isn't a lot for us to do much. I know I've been complaining a lot about how you don't have the time for me anymore, and I know I keep lamenting over the fact that your colleagues get to see you more than I do (but it's true?? Hahaha), I really want you to know that I appreciate everything you've done for me - the moments when you try hard to squeeze a few hours out to sneak a quick meal with me, sending me around whenever you can, bringing me to have yummy food because you know I adore eating (but actually very long never bring me alrdy lor hahaha :P), dropping random surprises and all that. I know I said that at the end, the results are what matters the most, but I do know that the intention and effort are equally important too. And for that, I just want to let you know that I appreciate everything you've done! I know work hasn't exactly been easy for you of late, and I know it's hard for you to juggle work, school, teaching piano, and a (somewhat) needy girlfriend HAHA (needy meh?? I typed needy to appear more humble only heh), but I hope you know that I'll be here to support you all the way no matter what happens. Because behind every successful man is a woman, and obviously I am going to be the woman HAHAHA.
(Shit this post was supposed to be kinda.. Romantic but it's turning out to be like a joke :[)
I'm thankful for everything we share, although it might not mean much to others. I still remember the day you asked me to be your girlfriend like it was yesterday. I still recall freaking out about what to wear on our first date (although the first date became the second eventually..) and I remember being disappointed when we didn't get to eat Ma Maison the first time we were there together :( I remember all the flirty things you said to me HAHA they're all imprinted in my brain. I remember feeding fishes at Botanical Garden and walking back at top speed when we realized it was gonna rain, I remember pestering you to bring me all over the place to eat the stuff I crave, I remember standing on the same side and being angry at the same people. I remember all these things like it was just yesterday. (Actually I just have an amazing memory.. Too bad it doesn't apply to school.) I am thankful for all the wonderful (and not-so-wonderful) memories we have made together and I know we will make many more beautiful ones together to come. I know we'll continue to irritate the hell out of each other, I know I'll continue scolding you every single day hehe and I know you'll continue to do random weird things in your sleep...... (Creepy :P)
The past few months have been nothing short of magical and I wouldn't do anything to change them at all. Thank you for loving me. I hope I've made you feel as lucky/loved/blessed as you have made me :)
"The best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
Sidenote: omg this post is so mushy and so not me hahahahahaha (shit did I just ruin things again...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment