I still don't understand why,
Months ago,
You chose to make decisions that you knew would break me forever
You chose to make promises that you knew you would never be able to fulfill
I still don't understand why,
Months ago,
I foolishly decided to believe you and what you said
I wholeheartedly believed your empty promises and lies
I still don't understand why,
Months later,
I am grappling with the aftermath of the selfish decisions you made,
The callous promises you said
The one who broke you can't be the one who fixes you
Why can't you understand that
Maybe I'm not good enough for you
Not understanding enough, too temperamental, not forgiving enough
But why can't you understand
That all these heartache, all these long dreary nights
They could have been easily avoided
But no..
I still don't understand why,
You tell me you love me
But really, honestly
If this is love, then I don't want it
And I'll never ever be able to understand why.
No comments:
Post a Comment