Thursday, August 5, 2010

Want to rant. Need to rant. Have to rant.

Seriously seriously need to rant otherwise I think I will explode. Lol.

Kids these days are such monsters and I think they're really out to test the limits of your patience. They're incorrigible creatures that are weird, mean and lazy. I can barely find one kid who is able to sit still and focus on their work for like 2 hours. Others scream at their parents, scold their parents and find them annoying. Okay I know I do that too but I'm 19 and you're 10. That's the difference. (Okay la invalid argument but you get what I mean right? If you're rebellious at TEN, what're you going to be when you're like 16? Gangsta? Lol.) Maybe I'm in no position to comment about this but it's the fact and we see this around us everyday.

I'm not the best tuition teacher around but I dare say that I try to give my best when I teach these kids. But sometimes it's really hard when the person on the other end isn't reciprocating. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother explaining so much and in such detail when the listener is sitting there like a block of wood. When I ask if they understand, they say yes. So I make them explain it to me and they can't explain it? Seriously, your parents are paying me to clarify your doubts, not sit there and talk to a block of wood. If you're not going to pay attention during tuition, then let's not waste each other's time and your parent's money.

Secondly, the amount of homework I give isn't even that much. I gave you a zuo wen to complete in one week. But you didn't complete it after 1 week. It's been 4 weeks ever since I gave you the zuo wen. But today, you've yet to complete it? Seriously, 4 weeks for a zuo wen that would take you less than 40 minutes? And I had to sit there and watch you complete it, because you offered to do so. Could the time be better spent? Certainly. We wasted 45 minutes just because you didn't complete your homework that you could've done at home. It's been a long time since my three tuition kids even completed ALL my homework.

Thirdly, even if you get a particular question wrong, it doesn't mean that I've to provide you with the correct answer immediately, right? Just because you got it wrong the first time round doesn't mean that you'll get it wrong if you try again. When I tell my tuition kid to try again, she doesn't even bother to try. She stares at the question for like 15s , then smiles at me and tells me she doesn't know how to do. Seriously? You didn't even try, neither did you write down any working. How do you even attempt the question? In your mind? You didn't get it right the first time with working, so what makes you think you can get the correct answer without writing anything down? I wonder.

Lastly, it's your learning and your responsibility. Why does it feel like your tuition teacher's more anxious than you are? It's your exams, your grades, and your future. If you're not anxious and bothered, what can I do? And how much can I do? There's a reason why you're getting a tuition teacher -because you think you need help. My sec 4 tuition boy writes like this: The people is eating. He are hungry. He's retaking his o levels this year. He had E8 the previous year. With this standard, I don't even think he can get anything above a pass. Brutal, but true. And the worse thing of it all? He keeps cancelling his tuition lessons. Seriously man, it has come to the point where since he doesn't care about his results, I don't care either. I don't even bother asking him about our next tuition lesson anymore. Why am I so anxious when they don't even care? Seriously. Urgh vomits blood.

So annoyed. Just had to rant I think it's because I got kinda annoyed when my P5 kid did the Idk-how-to-do-this-question WITHOUT EVEN ATTEMPTING. *vomits blood. Why am I caring so much.

URGH. Need to drive this off (cheap thrill HAHAHA) yay driving tomorrow! \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment