Monday, January 3, 2011

2010 in a glance.

Alright, I feel so obliged to do a 2010-sum-up post hahaha.

2010 was a pretty rocky year for me I guess, a lot of uncertainty, disappointment and doubt..
Let's start with January.

January 2010
  • Ended things pretty badly with Lwj. What a way to start the year, crying on the phone with him. Guilt at it's peak throughout the month, countless of blog posts at the old blog about him..
  • Signed up for driving together with Chrismin and went for theory lessons. Passed my BTT and FTT on the first try!(:
Photobucket
  • Clarke Quay with Yeongchaun and we got together subsequently.
Photobucket
  • Started work at Epicenter!
Photobucket
  • Met up with Bestf!
February 2010

Photobucket
  • Went for my first ever church soccer thingy!
  • Yeongchuan enlisted into army, so did my other guy friends. My social circle instantly decreased by 50% hahaha.
  • Stopped working at Epicenter and slacked for a month?
Photobucket
  • Chinese New Year!
Photobucket
  • Received flowers for the first time ever in my life.
March 2010
  • Release of A Level results and went back to PJC after like three months? Initial reaction after getting my results: YES I DIDN'T FAIL! 10s later: Shit wtf where am I going to study. Hahaha.
  • Started applying for universities and exploring the option of studying abroad.
  • Took on my first tuition kid, who I am not teaching anymore hahaha.
Photobucket
  • Started my job at Phillips Securities. Nice colleagues I have! (:
  • Met up with my girls and caught Dear John! (: Channing Tatum hehe!
  • Mom's birthday!
April 2010

Photobucket
  • Taiwan and Hong Kong trip!
Photobucket
  • Went to the Singapore Flyer for the first time in my life.
Photobucket
  • Met up with my favourite primary school people for dinner @ Marina Square.
Photobucket
  • Last month of working at Phillips Securities, no more lunch dates with Yifang and Elizabeth or listening to gossip in office.
May 2010

Photobucket
  • Bro's graduation from SP!
  • Disheartened by uni apps rejection letters while some of my friends got into what they want. The only courses I could get into were those that I didn't want.. Considered the option of applying overseas again.
  • Moved from everyfirstdayofthemonth to thatssosamantha after thinking of a URL name for the longest time ever.
  • Dropped my first tuition kid because she couldn't commit and I was sick of entertaining her.
Photobucket
  • Got my current phone E72!
Photobucket
  • Met up with my PJ girlies!
  • Picnic at Botanics with Yeongchuan.
June 2010

Photobucket
  • Got news that Dr Victor Koh passed away. Still can't believe it, sigh. Went for his wake together with the class.
  • Fathers' Day (:
Photobucket
  • MTT came down to Singapore, and I made some angmoh friends. Hahahaha!
  • Took on another 2 tuition kids, a pair of sisters!
July 2010

Photobucket
  • Yeongchuan's 19th birthday!
Photobucket
  • Worked for like 2 weeks at Nus's commencement ceremony. Nice ushers they have, super friendly(: Tiring but fulfilling job.
  • Had Wendy's for the first time ever (I think so la) and watched Inception - one of my favourite movies for 2010!
  • Great Singapore Sale - awesome retail therapy!
Photobucket
  • Bro's birthday!
August 2010
  • Bestf's birthday!
Photobucket
  • UB Orientation, where I made an awesome bunch of friends! (Y)
  • Started school and couldn't really adjust after playing for 9 months hahah.
September 2010

Photobucket
  • I turned 19 - thank you OG9 for the lovely surprise! It totally matches up with the 18th celebration I had previously hehe! Singing so loudly in the eating place and getting the attention of everyone. But still, G-O-O-D-J-O-B GOOD JOB! GOOD JOB! Hehehe!
Photobucket
  • Got my first Ralph Lauren polo tee!
  • Started to study (-.-) for all my little tests and all.
Photobucket
  • Made new friends who are really awesome people!(: So much for being worried I wouldn't fit in hahaha loser.
Photobucket
  • Went to my 45098546th wedding dinner of the year.
October 2010
  • Had midterms, which was really stressful for me :/ Couldn't really adjust back to hardcore studying after the 9 month hiatus.
Photobucket
  • Clique dinner @ Holland V! Last clique dinner my bro had with us before he enlisted.
Photobucket
  • Daddy's birthday!
Photobucket
  • Malacca road trip! Lotsa awesome shopping and food hehe! (Y)
  • Yeongchuan went to Taiwan for about 1 month for training and DIDN'T GET ME ANYTHING (asshole max).
Photobucket
  • My most handsome cousin got married! (:
  • Met up with Kevan - I think the second time since we graduated from RV?
November 2010
  • My brother enlisted, hello to lonely weekdays and no more playing buddy at home ):
Photobucket
  • Lunch at Hooked @ Rail Mall for the first time ever, then conquered the railway tracks in my trusty Havies (which broke a few days later -.-)
  • Started talking to Lwj again, and tried to normalize our friendship.
  • Attended a couple of weddings again hahaha.
Photobucket
  • Ate at EwF for the first time!
  • Helped out in my first wedding!(: Tracy's wedding, hehe!
Photobucket
  • OMG DAMN IMPORTANT- ACQUIRED MY DSLR :D :D :D
  • Failed driving test because I mounted the kerb wth -.- Hahahaha.
December 2010

Photobucket
  • Finals ended - which concluded my first semester at UB.
Photobucket
  • Advance Christmas dinner with my Grandmomma and auntie and uncle.
Photobucket
  • Had Yum Cha buffet for the first time ever (noob!)
Photobucket
  • Spent my Christmas with the family.
  • Yeongchuan and I decided to be friends (no hard feelings, we're still awesome pals that hang out!)
Photobucket
  • Met up with Adrian! (: (:
  • Still in the midst of repairing my friendship with Lwj and we talked on the phone for the first time in the year. Grew a little closer I guess, and hung out, talked more and caught a movie together too. Went to his house for the first time ever, and he came to mine too.
Photobucket
  • Watched Rapunzel with Lwj, which is the MOST AWESOME CUTEST MOVIE EVER although that ass refuses to admit it.
  • Meeting up with a lot of friends like Bei Shan and more. Spending more time with my friends and family!(:
Photobucket
  • Did a hell lot of shopping and wanted to place myself on a shopping ban. But hey, what shopping ban? Kiss my ass you shopping ban! Hahaha!
Whoa so that's it. Hahaha sounds like a pretty long summary eh. In short: I experienced new things, went for holidays, made new friends, lost old ones, rebuilt friendships, gone through hard times, doubted a lot of things. It was a pretty bumpy ride but I'm glad I managed to tide through it unscathed (: And most importantly, I know that as long as I'm surrounded with people who love me and I love, and that I have an Almighty God who is with me every step of the day, my life will be awesome. It may not be perfect, but it will be AWESOME(: And the thing about life is that we have to find the little joys in everyday things.

Now that we're in 2011, I know the year ahead will be good, if not better than 2010!(: Less drama please, thank you!

Oh did I mention? I barely touched alcohol in the year, I'm so proud of myself(: I decided to start exercising and went running too (although I've not gone for quite long already la) and er I guess I'm quite healthy now? Except for the lack of stamina hahaha. No major ailments, no big illnesses etc. Imma healthy girl k! :D

Photobucket
Have an awesome year ahead!(:

No comments:

Post a Comment