Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines' Day

In my opinion, Valentines' Day is a day not to waste money and splurge on lavish gifts for your partner (okay but if anyone wants to give me a gift also can, lai lai~ hahahahahah). Rather, I view Vday as a day to look back at the past year and to be thankful for all the love, joy and happiness you've had! Hahaha I use 'love, joy and happiness' in all the birthday texts I send out. It's like a freaking template :O

Okay back to the main point. As I was saying, I think Vday is a day to look back at the past year and to be thankful for all the love, joy and happiness you've had! Yes it's exactly the same as the line above. As we all know, Vday is a day of love right? Frankly I don't see a need to spend a thousand bucks on your loved one(s) (an s behind for those of you with multiple partners lolol) because EVERY DAY SHOULD BE VDAY! Very corny but very true. If my boyf treated me like sai for 364 days and bought me a Mini Cooper on 14th February I would definitely dump his sorry ass. Not before taking the Mini Cooper of course! Why let the car go to waste? Okay I keep digressing. So basically my main point is, I think some people use Vday as a day to atone for all their mistakes in a relationship lol. Then they think they can make everything better by splurging on their other halves for just one day. Hello so cheapo?! Splurge every day! Good thing Grandpa Chow treats me well everyday hehehe~

Actually I kinda lost focus of this blogpost and now I'm like typing rubbish -_- Sigh what set out to be an intellectually stimulating post turns out to be a joke :(

Anyway okay so since I think Vday should be a day to be thankful, in the past year, I am thankful for.. God, for without Him I am nothing. My parents, for obvious reasons. My grandma for being so cute and funny! My brother even though he is a pain in the ass. Grandpa Chow hehe for being the sweetest ever :D Meng for being the best bestf I could have - he looks right into my soul :O HAHA I kid. All the university friends (Amanda, Priscilla, Loretta, Billy and all - sorry too many names lol) for brightening up an otherwise mundane academic life. My JC playmates 'cause we do stupid, lame and wacky (grow fat) stuff together hahaha! All the church friends who.. Are my church friends (Idk what to say, we've known each other for too long!)

See? This post is becoming crap again. Time to end it here I guess.

One of my secret (unwritten) resolutions for this year is to be more thankful for everything God has so graciously bestowed to me, although I might be very unworthy of His love and mercy. And I'm gonna get baptized with Lizzie in April :) :) :)

Okay have a good Vday y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment