My mom's routine the night before/the day I have an exam is to stuff a bottle of chicken essence down my throat. To be honest I don't really like the taste, but I just drink it because apparently it's good. And well it costs a fair bit so expensive stuff are supposed to be good, right?
Today my mom forgot to make me drink chicken essence. I didn't realize till I went to school and it felt weird not having this routine that I've practiced ever since I was in primary school. I came home and complained about it in my usual drama queen self and my mom said we'd run out of chicken essence. No wonder.
At 11pm, just before my folks went to bed, they brought a bottle of bird nest into my room and although I protested and said I didn't want it, I was ordered to drink it before I head to bed. I love my parents and I hope they know that.
In the (near) 21 years of my life I have learnt many life lessons, the most important being that family is, and will always be the most important part of me. And I truly believe that I would give up anything, and everything for them. I love my family to death, even though they are often a big pain in the ass, love to act cute a whole lot, and they can be rather strict. Because through my toughest and most rebellious times, they have stood by me, never once having forsaken me. And I am thankful that I have been brought up in a Godly and loving family.
My left forearm still hurts really badly despite the chunk of words that I've written up there. Sheesh need a new body.
PSY 341 exam was today. For these three weeks, I have 3 exams and 3 quizzes, 1 each for each of the week. The coming weeks ahead feel tiring, and they aren't even here yet. I feel so overwhelmed this semester because all the modules I'm taking seem so heavyg. However, I do not envy people who have a more slack academic life than I do. Despite all my complaining and lamenting, I know that at the end of the trying period, I am going to emerge stronger and tougher (and hopefully more knowledgeable!)
The mother just texted me from her bedroom (I thought they went to bed...) asking me to go to bed. Time for some bird nest and for some much needed sleep! x
No comments:
Post a Comment