"There are people in life who give me comfort. When the going gets tough, as it invariably does, I can count on them for a shoulder to cry on. They will lift me up when I fall, they will hold me in their arms as I cry and tell me, “Everything’s going to be okay.” I am so thankful for those people. They are priceless."
Thankful for people around me, for those who never forsake me despite how tough things might get, for those who never give up on me despite how difficult I can be, for those who stay up with me till it's 2am in the morning, listening to me pour my heart out and telling me not to cry, at for those who drop everything they have to ask me out.
To you, I hope you know how special you are to me. Thank you for everything you have done for me, and for everything you have given me. You have taught me so much, and I am immensely thankful for that. Thank you for coming to me when my life was at an all time low, I know how much I've told you about how thankful I am for you, but because of you, I am changed. I feel like you've made me a better person, and I will never be the same without you. I'm glad I got to know you better as a person and I'm thankful for all the times we spent together. You were there to support me when I was down, and magnify my happiness with me. Words just cannot express how grateful I am to have you in my life. I hope you know that no matter whatever happens, you will always, always be irreplaceable.
To you, although I know you might not be reading this, I am thankful for you. Thankful for your friendship, and for being there for me when I needed a person to talk to the most. I am thankful for how I know I can always run to you when I'm upset, because you will always be there to listen to me. You might not say much, but when you do, you hit the point so well. I am thankful for how when I share my joy with you, you are genuinely happy for me too. I'm glad I found you, despite having lost contact for a couple of years.
To you, I most definitely know you're reading this. And I hope you know how thankful I am for you, too. Your seemingly insatiable energy is infectious, and I hope you know how glad I am to have made a friend in you. Fun just feels multiplied when you're around, and I am always glad to have you around! I like how even though we are so crappy and lame around each other, sometimes you just seem to get me so well. And I like how under your bubbly exterior, you actually are a really nice person to pour my heart out to. And you're also very good to bully, haha. I'm glad I got to know you better now, and I really hope our friendship grows and grows!
To you, I most certainly know you're not reading this, but I hope you know that I am also very thankful for you! I have known you almost all my life, and we have drifted apart a lot, but I'm glad we're gradually getting closer again. I remember finding you eccentric and unreadable, and for a period of time I was actually glad that we drifted apart. But now that we're starting to grow closer again, I hope you know how much I regret drifting apart with you. Because those years were spent wasted as strangers, when we could have been so much more. Thank you for your random chats with me, and your random snippets of encouragement. I am thankful we have this friendship we share, and I really do hope that we'll remain friends for a long time to come.
I actually have a lot more to type, but I was just reminded about the stuff I had to settle for UB Bound application due this Friday, plus I have a ton of assignments due on Friday :( Oh well, guess I shall keep my gratitude in my heart :P But I really am thankful for the many people put in my life, they have definitely changed my life in one way or another, and despite the impact they had on me, I am who I am because they have perhaps rubbed off me. (Does this even make sense haha)
When I feel like life hasn't been particularly kind to me, I am gonna remind myself of all the pillars of support I have, and count my lucky stars. x
No comments:
Post a Comment