"You're going to come across people in your life who say all the wring words at all the right times. But in the end, it's always their actions you should judge them by. It's actions, not words, that matter."
"Mitch pointed to his balding head. "I used to have a full head of hair. And I'd still have it if you weren't such a damn daredevil. Every time you do something crazy, I can feel my little hairs committing suicide by jumping right out of my head and plunging all the way to my shoulders. If you listen carefully, you can sometimes hear them screaming all the way down. You know what it's like going bald? having to put sunscreen on top of your head when you go outside? Getting liver sports where you used to part your hair? it doesn't do much for the old ego, if you know what I mean. So you owe me.""
Haha this excerpt is funny.
"He finally admitted to himself that despite Mitch's death, despite everything, he hadn't been able to stop thinking about her. Like an apparition, her image had flashed through his mind over and over, but he'd forced it away with stubborn resolve. Now, though, it was impossible. With startling clarity he saw her expression as he'd fixed her cupboard doors, he heard her laughter echo across the porch, he could smell the faint scent of her shampoo in her hair. She was here with him.. and yet she wasn't. Nor woulds he ever be again. The realization made him feel emptier than he'd ever felt before."
For some reason I have a strange need to type out my favorite excerpts of books I've just read.. Maybe because this is the way I preserve memories of them.
Feel a compelling need to type out my feelings about certain issues.. But.. Ah well shall see!
No comments:
Post a Comment