There's something weirdly comforting about watching someone sleep. There's something oddly comforting about listening to the steady breaths they take - and you picture their chests rising and falling with each breath. When they're asleep, they're at their most vulnerable and peaceful state. It's when they're the purest and most innocent, and the time when they're completely stripped of all their defenses. Sometimes when you look at them sleep, you wonder what's happening in their little minds - are they dreaming, or just really plainly sleeping? And you look at them in a way you seldom do so when they're awake. It's funny, because they're the same people, but when they're asleep they appear totally different to you.
I feel odd watching you sleep. I feel like a stalker watching you in deep slumber. But it's also times like this when I appreciate that you're appearing in front of me in your truest, and purest form. Simple times like this that make up for the random moments of insecurity when I think about being 9000 miles away from you for 180 days. The thought of leaving scares me, but then I take comfort in knowing that no matter how far away I am, and how long gone I will be, you will always, always be here waiting for me. And I am thankful for that.
And I just thought that maybe you should know that.
Goodnight.
And I just thought that maybe you should know that.
Goodnight.

No comments:
Post a Comment