Wednesday, January 2, 2013

'Cause You Make Me Feel Like I'm Intoxicated

2012 has been a rly, rly long year for me Idk why haha. School was getting kinda dreary (then again, it always is) and I was getting increasingly sick of studying, in the early part of the year my personal life was getting really horrible too. I did things I never thought I would, forged new friendships and left toxic ones behind, renewed friendships with old friends, made new friends with others. I got out of a relationship that I was feeling really trapped in after months of hesitating (because I was scared of the consequences), and I guess I'd say that was by far one of the best decisions I've made in the past year. Subsequently, I got together with someone new and I must say, I haven't been this happy and contented with my life in a rly long time.

Personal affairs aside, I am proud to say that I've managed to pull my grades up this year and if things continue as it is, I think it’s safe to say that my honors won’t be too far away! Monetary wise, I’d like to believe that I've been spending lesser and saving more. The older I grow, the greater the need to save some $$ and I’m glad my parents have instilled this value in me heh!

2012 has also been a crazy year of shopping and acquiring new things! Funny how I just said I’d like to believe that ‘ I've been spending lesser and saving more’ and here I am saying this HAHA. But yup, in 2012, I got a new phone and laptop woohoo! I am seriously every bit a tech geek and I find new gadgets very very alluring B) In the month to come, I’m looking forward to getting an iPad Mini too hehe yay life is good! Shopping wise, I've also bought a lot of things la hahaha clothes, accessories, lingerie (LOL) etc. Special mention – I've also gotten a Hermes Kelly Double Tour hehe (props to the boyf!!) never in my life would I have imagined owning a bracelet for Hermes! Next birthday, you work harder okay hehe kidding!

 2012 has also been an awesome year of indulging in yummy food! Royal China, Ippudo, Yoshimaru, Tampopo (haha all the ramen), Ma Maison, had Ramly’s for the first time in my life (yaaa noob is me okay), PS Café, Paradise Dynasty, Clementi Tze Char, Holland V Tze Char, La Nonna’s, and so much more!! Omg the list never ends lol. Oh oh oh Bedok 85 too lol.

In 2012 I turned 21 and it was the MOST AWESOME period in my life. I miss my birthday weekend alrdy. The staycation at the beautiful The Sentosa, waking up next to you, the birthday party, and the actual day itself. If this is how being 21 feels like, I’m gonna be 21 EVERY YEAR. Hahahaha. Grateful for the parents who sponsored my party (probably the only time my dad won’t frown when I use the Citibank card lol), and for the boyf who drove me around checking out cafes buying party supplies with me etc! Also v v v thankful for the friends who turned up to make my special day rly rly special.

Also, since I turned 21, it means everyone else turned 21 too. This year I stayed in local hotels thrice (I think..?) celebrated so many birthdays I can’t remember anymore. But hey I’m not complaining!! It was a great time of catching up with all the old friends that I haven’t seen in a rly long time.

2012 has been a year of exploration, of doing things I haven’t done before, and of stepping out of my comfort zone. I wouldn't say I've matured a lot (lol I was mature and un-childish to begin with what HAHA) but I've really learnt a lot! On hindsight, I know I've complained a lot and grumbled plenty, but I am thankful for the lessons 2012 has taught me. I now know better, and the most important thing to take away from the past year is to be true to myself no matter what.

I haven’t really thought of my 2013 resolutions yet but I know for sure that trying to be more thankful and appreciative of everything and everyone around me will be one of them. Also, I wanna try to live more healthily and of course happily! -_- my resolutions are so corny. I also want to travel more, explore more, and maybe be more adventurous (without killing myself lol!!) Also to uhhh find a good/satisfactory/not-too-shabby job!

2012 has been an amazing year and I look forward to 2013 and whatever it may bring.

IMG_4114
Wanderlust (Bangkok, January 2012)

IMG_4366
Mommy’s birthday, March 2012

IMG_4369
Why my face so fat now? (This was in March 2012)

IMG_4518
Baptism, April 2012

IMAG0910 IMAG1015
This is my blog and I can post as many photos of myself as I want lol

IMAG1104 IMAG1222

IMAG0832
Poster in school, 2012

IMAG0756
Random photo from Idk When

IMG_5337
Thankful and blessed; you make things easier :)

IMG_5339
Friends for more than a decade (:

IMG_5344
JC friends! :D

IMG_5355
For making my special day rly special, thanks y’all (: (21st birthday, September 2012)

IMG_20120903_210852
QTPie, September 2012

IMG_20120921_102123
SIM Open House, 2012

IMG_20121012_165723
On board Superstar Virgo, September 2012 (I think)

IMG_4877
Brother’s ORD, September 2012

IMG_5137
Epic photo at Wan Ting’s party, September 2012

C360_2012-10-18-20-22-03
Marie Digby’s concert, October 2012

IMG_20121018_224914
Walk along the Marina area after Marie Digby’s concert, October 2012

DSCF3506
Hello Kitty Land, November 2012

IMAG1116
Hello Kitty Land, November 2012

IMAG1119
PS Café, November 2012

IMAG1257 IMAG1259
Christmas, December 2012

C360_2012-12-31-23-12-11 IMAG1326
New Year's Eve, December 2012 - January 2013

Looking through old blogposts and photos in my hard drive/laptop; 2012 has been a year filled with family, friends, love, and food. And I know 2013 will be just as awesome, if not more. I won't say things like how I hope 2013 will be kind to me, because I know my life is mine to make and it will only be as good as I want it to be.

Bring it on 2013, I am so ready for you *game face on*

No comments:

Post a Comment