J and I didn't do anything much because we agreed that everywhere would be really crowded with the Valentine's day crowd and that overpriced food doesn't necessarily taste better/make V'day any more memorable. We also agreed that roses were terribly overpriced on V'day and we decided to skip on that too (although later into the night I kept grumbling about the lack of flowers haha :P) we are such prudent people hehe. Although consumerism was too hard to resist and I received a rly beautiful present ^^
As I grow older I think the notion of a 'magical' Valentine's day has died within me. I used to envision my perfect Valentine's day as one of ultimate indulgence - having good food at prices meant to rip you off, receiving a bouquet of roses that are really pretty yet exorbitantly expensive, getting a present that would turn other people green with envy, and giving my other half a present that would sweep him off his feet. Such naive thinking haha. Gradually as I grew up, I no longer yearn for something like this anymore. I think my perfect Valentine's day would be one without all the extravagance, but just spending quality time with the person I love. After all, what's the thrill in receiving flowers on a day that every girl 'should' get one? Defeats the purpose if there's a sense of obligation right? *nods* BUT of course nice presents would be a pleasant thing to receive HAHA I am such a hypocrite. But yknow as they say, as long as you're with the right person, every day can be V'day! ;)
In order to avoid the crowd this year, we did something totally hipster (read: non-mainstream) which no one will be able to guess. We went... PRAWNING!!!!

Here's a photo of the prawn pond for y'all. Hahahaha it was really empty btw. Only like.. 5 people while we were there before a bunch of irritating kids came along.
After that we had BBQ stingray and seafood horfun and lala and satay at Farmart. One of our favorite foods ^^ And that's all we did for V'day. Simple but I LOVE IT!!! ^^ No extravagance but I think I enjoyed myself more than I would if we went for candlelight dinner (haha so unnatural, maybe we should try it next year lol) and after that we went to West Coast park for a walk (we are such old people one of the things we do the most is to go parks on walks hehe). Not much pictures though, just a few in the car when I realized in horror we didn't have any pictures taken for the entire day.
There's a little PDA so brace yourselves :P

I look so happy hehehe

DOPEY HEHE

HAHA what you doing (+why my face so fat siaaaaa :P)


Dunno why some people look forever sleepy hahahahaha

I look so dopey also hahahaha

Here's the present I got :D :D ;) ;)

Hehe pretty ^^
Thanks for everything dear ^^ I enjoyed my day out with you hehe it was really fun! I will never forget the exasperated look on your face each time some freeloader fish or prawn nibbled on the bait and got away with it hahaha. Thanks for coming into my life at a time when I was so down and thought everything was hopeless. You've made me inexplicably happy beyond words and I am thankful for everything we share. Thank you for your generosity and thoughtfulness (like coming to pick me up from my friend's place even though it's late and you're tired) and everything you have done for me! I always scold you and make fun of you and call you buay zidong (:P) but know that I really do appreciate everything you've done, in your little ways.
They were right when they said that as long as you're with the right one, everyday's Valentine's day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment