I am really tired and I yearn for the day to come where I don't have to do anything school-related. This semester has been nothing short of busy and it's only week 3. So much assignments to complete, so many exams to study for, so many projects to participate in, so many readings and all. I'm so tired. So busy. I. Can't. Breathe. Hate how school is invading every little space I have and how I constantly worry about incomplete assignments or a test I've forgotten about. Hate how even though I am out and yearning to enjoy my time off from school my head just reels about school.
Even now, I don't know why the hell am I here typing away my rants on my keyboard. But I guess this is one of the rare places I can seek solace in. Can't wait for the week off from school due to CNY, although I'll probably have to catch up on readings and all those. School is never gonna give me a break :(
But out of all the depressing things I just wrote, I am thankful for the little things that make my day a teeny bit better. For the boyfriend and his willingness to spoil me rotten by driving me around and buying me macarons (^^), for the friends and their weirdly funny conversations, and for lecturers who bothered to ask me if I'm okay and coping well when I look glum in class (hahaha oh shit). There really is a silver lining no matter how things get.
One of my resolutions for 2013 was to be more thankful and appreciative of everything around me. Well I hope the above 'thankful' post is bring me off to a good start :)
Loving this song! You And Me - Olivia Ong
Taking one step at a time
Walking hand in hand
1, 2, 3, 4, cheek to cheek
And they're learning how to do that dance
Let this love be forever more they say
I wish for this to be true for you and me
No comments:
Post a Comment