Friday, August 16, 2013

Wanderlust; Italy

Wow come to think of it, I've been back from Europe for nearly 2 months and I think I'm still suffering from withdrawal symptoms haha. Nearly every morning I wake up only to realize in dismay that I'm staring at my own ceiling and not the hotel's; I miss the fluffy beds, the European hotels that don't have free wi-fi (seriously.. Europe? Lol), lousy hotel breakfasts (seriously, try eating hard bread/toasts + super watery and bland scrambled eggs + bacon and sausages soaked in oil hahah), rude Italians, marveling at every single European thing. Despite the bad experiences we had in Europe (stupid annoying China people everywhere lol, tour guide's bags getting stolen right under our noses, witnessing the Europeans extorting money from tourists), I really miss the antiquated charming architecture, the cobbled steps, and the pretty scenery. Europe has so much to offer and I cannot wait to be back there again :) 

This post is going to be a little long plus wordy (pix + tons of experiences and feelings to share lol) so please bear with me :) Otherwise you can just skip to look at the pix hahaha.

The first stop of our Europe tour was Italy, and our tour guide's bag got stolen the moment we reached the place :( He kept reminding us to be careful, to take good care of our things and not leave them out of our sight, but it happened to him. He was helping all of us load our luggage onto our bus with the driver so he left his hand carry bag (with phone, money, passport, our tour tickets etc) on the bus. We all boarded the bus alrdy and were waiting for him and the driver to be done with the bags when this angmoh got up the bus.. We all thought he was the local tour manager so we didn't think anything of it, but it turns out that bastard was the thief -_- when we realized it was too late, the guide asked the driver to go round the airport for us to try to spot the thief but obviously he was alrdy gone :( So that's the first exciting (but unfortunate part) of our tour hahaha. 

Imo, I thought many Italians were kinda unfriendly - the all appeared to wake up on the wrong side of the bed, many of them were super grumpy. Or maybe because we were Asians? Lol. When we visited the Vatican City, our tour group got swamped by another China tour group sheesh. They kept pushing us and eventually overtook us. Damn ass hahaha hate them! 

Okay enough of words, time for pix :) 
Italy countryside! Heading to the city center from the airport 


Everything looks prettier in Europe hahaha even the skies were ore blue and the trees were more green HAHA 




Tiny smart cars! They were quite cute la but I think it does shit for safety 'cause while we were in Germany/Paris there was some smart car that was smashed on a highway accident.. Needless to say the driver died :/ 

First glimpse of the Roman city :) 


Daddy! 


I think we were waiting to go to the Vatican! 

LOOK, the skies really are more blue!!! 



The first window from the right (on the top floor) is where the Pope comes out to say hi to people or something hahaha it's his office, and another of the windows on the same floor is his bedroom! Every Sunday, the square in front of the Vatican city will be crazily packed with people. 


In the freaking long queue that never seems to end.. With ah tiongs inching towards us hahahaha (Eh my eye looks so weird man) 

Love the architecture ^^ 


It was actually kinda hot HAHAHAHA we thought it'd be slightly chilly :( 


I can't really remember specifics about the things inside the Vatican because it was kinda long ago hahaha (Wikipedia it yo ;D) but I really loved some of the paintings. 

There are many other pix which I skipped for fear of boring y'all hahaha :P But I think it gets a little sian after awhile lol. I enjoyed looking at the pix and all that but after awhile it got a little dry :/ But I loved taking pix of the place la I took a lot! 

After we were done with the Vatican, we were standing around waiting because one of the walkie talkie sets got lost (the local guide gave it out to someone who wasn't from our group sheesh) and then the person who didn't take it (there was one short to begin with, then he gave one away to someone who wasn't from our group so the Vatican security thought we misplaced one set and demanded that the guy who didn't take the walkie talkie to pay 50 Euros) refused to pay the money so they wanted to call the cops hahahaha. SO MUCH DRAMA IN 2 HOURS. 

 

Gangsta 

Preeeeeetz!! 





When we were about to leave the Vatican city, some guy realized he lost his wife (lol it just keeps getting better doesn't it) and it took damn long before we found her again. She didn't have a phone.....

After lunch and all that we went to the Colosseum!!!! :D 

Omg so amazing!! Read about it in UGC texts and then seeing it come to life in front of your eyes IT'S SO PRETTY 


It was really crowded (as is with all other tourist areas) 










I need a wide angle lens man hahaha


So hot so sunny la 




I take really nice pix ;) 

Some people don't (HELLO never take the entire Colosseum!) 



SO EXCITED 


^^ 




I will forever stand in awe of how the ancient Romans built these magnificent thing without modern machines 







 


We didn't go up though, didn't have much time to linger and the crowd was insane 


V happy la!! Hahahaha 

 



 




 
GAY 

Random wall haha 

Hehe 

Trekking back to our bus! 

TREVI FOUNTAIN!! 


Making our wishes. Threw it the right way to ensure we would be back in Europe :) 

Mad packed 

Yummy gelato!!! 

Was really amazed by this!!! Then we Googled it when we got back and found out how it works hahaha 

But looks damn amazing la right 



Did some light shopping in the area but didn't end up buying anything (not yet :P) hahahaha 

This sums up our first day in Europe, more accurately Rome! We didn't stay in one place for long, we moved around a lot and were packing our bags nearly every day hahahaha. Can't wait to go back to Europe free and easy style :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment