Thankful for the past year that has gone by in a flash - the 21st birthday week felt like it just happened yesterday. The staycation, the party, the actual day, wow it really feels like yesterday that I just turned 21. Hasn't been an easy year, certainly hasn't been. I adapt well to changes but one thing I certainly suck in is disappointment, but I think I settled and achieved everything I've set for myself. Got my honours, got a job that I think I'll like (my colleagues seem very nice and all that~ haha), and everything seems all good. 21 wasn't a wild year, I think I mellowed a little and I thought more about my life and I figured out what I really want. I got rid of toxic friendships and I hope I've made (new) good friends. Despite all the unhappiness and complaining, I'm really happy with where I am right now. Or maybe it's just the positive vibes from a good first day at work spilling over ;)
Since I'm turning 22 in about 45 minutes (it's 2313 now), I've set out a task for myself that I really really want to achieve - I'm gonna live my life according to how I deem fit, I'm not going to let the judgement of friends get me down, and I'm going to enjoy every single experience that I get.
22 years, not a long life, but not short either. Everyday I learn to be increasingly thankful for everything I have.
Happy birthday to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment