Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Memories/Growing Up/New Experiences/Learning

So I just figured out how to download my ENTIRE Twitter history.. And I did it. I read through a little of my tweets (hey I have nearly 22k, reading through 1/4 is alrdy a feat), maybe 1/20? It's really a lot. I admit, many tweets are cringe-worthy, and I'm glad I don't think/speak that way anymore, at least not intentionally. But many tweets had me thinking and pondering about my life and the actions that I carried out in the past. Things would be really different now had I not done what I did, had I not made the decisions I chose. It also showed me how friendships really come and go. I don't even talk to a friend I used to talk to on a near DAILY basis, although I must admit that she gave me pretty good advice. I always thought that deep down, beneath her bubbly demeanor, she always was a little older than her years. I also no longer talk to someone whom I spent many late nights on the phone with, chatting till 4am in the morning about all the random things. The time when we let ourselves get a little too close to something 'forbidden' (absolutely nothing sexual please), but luckily for the both of us we had the discretion and we pulled away before things got complicated. I spent many nights and many hours talking to people on MSN for hours on end, and sadly I no longer communicate with them any further. Even if we do, it's the passing tweet (which are kinda awkward), or just the usual Facebook 'Happy Birthday!' wish. It is weird and sad how technology brings people together, but tears them apart as well. I spent many tweets on Twitter griping about school, but what I wouldn't give to go back to those days of studying. Indeed, school days are probably the best times of your life. Now that I've started working, and I admit that I do like my job pretty much, I miss the rigor of school life, mugging my butt off trying to do as well as I can, secretly hating on the people who do better than I do, openly ratting out on assholes who are freeloaders. Yep, I think I pretty much miss school. Work is fun, no doubt. I like my job because it is enriching - I look at my patients and I know that I am in a much better place than them, and I learn to be appreciative of whatever I have. But work seems weirdly more tiring than school, I am always tired these days and I often end up going to bed before 11. The days where I could sleep at 4am and wake up at 9am to study are gone. Back to the Twitter thing, I think I spent the bulk of my heartbreaks there too haha. Sometimes I wished my Twitter was more private (ie without all the kaypoh people trying to get something to gossip about) so I could really tweet anything I want freely. There are just too many prying eyes and too many people who think too much about your tweets. Okay not really heartbreaks, but more of bemoaning on a bad decision made, and terrorizing and torturing myself with all the 'what-ifs'. Those are the questions I will never be able to deal with. Not even now.

Enough of ranting, enough of words. Haven't blogged in a really, really long time because work has been extremely draining. I wonder if people still read this space. I doubt it. In the past I used to think that bloghits were important (to help with the Nuffnang shiz) but not anymore. I'd like my blog to serve as a form of a memory or a diary of some sort, so a few months, or maybe years down the road when I turn back and read this little space of mine, I'd be able to reflect and learn about how much I've grown.

No pictures to share currently (too lazy to transfer haha), but I'd like to share my favorite web series on YouTube! It's Away We Happened by Wongfu.


Episode 1


Episode 2


Episode 3


Episode 4


Episode 5


Episode 6

I like it because it's fairytale-like and whimsical. I particularly liked the scene (I think it's episode 4?) where they went to sit on a bench and watched the sun set. I think I will always be a romantic deep down.

No comments:

Post a Comment