Saturday, July 3, 2010

Sometimes I think it's funny how people consider me an extrovert but I'm actually never good at expressing my feelings out. And instead I really prefer penning my thoughts down.
I think it's funny how people judge you because of the first impression, although yes I agree that the first impression is what matters a lot. (No I wasn't criticized recently or anything, I'm just errr typing out my thoughts!)

And how people think I'm all lively and hyper and noisy and all because of the first impression. But it's like sometimes, people are forced to be that way because of circumstances and not because they're really like that. I don't consider myself to be an extrovert to be honest. When people ask me what do I think of myself, I always tell them I think I'm an introverted extrovert. Sounds contradicting, right?

Okay that aside, I think that as people grow older, we tend to be more adept at handling disappointment and things like that. In the past, I used to think that if I could do it, why can't you do it too? But gradually, I realized that life doesn't actually work that way.. It's like, so what if you can do stuff for people? It doesn't mean that they'll reciprocate. And I guess it's this mentally that's causing me to be increasingly jaded. I guess one of the biggest mistakes we/I make is imposing our thinking on others. And this makes you increasingly disappointed because they fail to live up to our expectations. There's this urgent need for us to realize that everyone's different and so we can't look at the whole world with a same set of standards. Because if we do, all we get is disappointment and more disappointment. Just because you place someone/something first in your life doesn't mean that the other party can do likewise. And it's because of the lack of this realization that causes us/me to be disappointed time and time again. And it all boils down to one thing: the less you expect, the lower your disappointment. I can't agree more with this phrase.



It's funny how when we talk to people and we reminisce about the past and how we always say 'I miss what we used to have', but when you seriously think back, what did we really used to have/share? And was what we had in the past all real? Or were we sticking together because of some reason other than true friendship? Then again, what defines true friendship? Memories are funny things because they're what so many of us cling on tightly to in this rapidly changing world. And when we compare things now to our memories, we find ourselves becoming disappointed yet again if the change that occurred isn't what we want it to be. But yet change is an inevitable part of life. And so.. The cycle continues.

Okay I'm getting tired of typing and thinking hahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment