Saturday, August 6, 2011

But when I want sincerity, tell me where else can I turn.



Honesty - Billy Joel

If you search for tenderness
it isn't hard to find.
You can have the love you need to live.
But if you look for truthfulness
You might just as well be blind.
It always seems to be so hard to give.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

I can always find someone
to say they sympathize.
If I wear my heart out on my sleeve.
But I don't want some pretty face
to tell me pretty lies.
All I want is someone to believe.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.

I can find a lover.
I can find a friend.
I can have security until the bitter end.
Anyone can comfort me
with promises again.
I know, I know.

When I'm deep inside of me
don't be too concerned.
I won't as for nothin' while I'm gone.
But when I want sincerity
tell me where else can I turn.
Because you're the one I depend upon.

Honesty is such a lonely word.
Everyone is so untrue.
Honesty is hardly ever heard.
And mostly what I need from you.


I don't know what to believe anymore. I used to trust in you and I never doubted anything you said, but I guess time changes all things. You used to be familiar, now so distant. People change, feelings fade, and they move on. I guess time changes all things but not all wounds heal. Especially if the wounds were self-inflicted. I know it's time to let go and move on but sometimes it's harder than it appears to be. Being blinded and choosing only what you wish to see is foolish. Yes, I am my biggest enemy. I screw things up and I come back to relive the memories that haunt me. Memories.. They make or break us. I happen to fall into the unfortunate latter category.

"Never settle for less than you deserve."

Such thoughts are torturous and they make me feel more awful than you can ever imagine. It's one of those nights again....

Totally incoherent chunk of words AGAIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment