Feel so old listening to it, but a nice song nonetheless!
I Don't Want To Talk About It - Rod Stewart
and the stars in the sky don't mean nothin' to you, they're a mirror.
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart.
If I stay here just a little bit longer,
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, heart?
If I stand all alone, will the shadow hide the color of my heart;
blue for the tears, black for the night's fears.
The star in the sky don't mean nothin' to you, they're a mirror.
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke my heart.
If I stay here just a little bit longer,
if I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, heart?
I don't want to talk about it, how you broke this ol' heart.
If I stay here just a little bit longer,
if I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, heart?
My heart, whoa, heart.
So, the finals are in two weeks. I guess it's time to start studying hard again. Can I just take a moment to complain about how mundane my life this semester has been? Study in school, study during breaks, study after school, come home still have to study. I feel like I've barely done anything I really want to do, feel like I'm committing social suicide sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if it's all worth it and then I look to my future and I realize how things would be so much easier if I have a University degree, and I tell myself it's all worth it. Pain is temporary, GPA is forever. And so are my future. Right?
Hate how much of a routine my life has become. In one year and two months time, I'll possibly be sitting in an office, squinting at the computer screen and typing away furiously at the keyboard (lol, isn't that what I'm doing now? Minus the office and the squinting, but still.) I hope I get my dream job, please please please let me get my dream job.
Sometimes when I feel depressed about my life, how it has become, and how mundane and unsatisfied with it, I think about the least fortunate around the world. I think about the African children who lack proper nutrition, and I find myself thankful that I'm being well-fed (too well-fed, actually) and well-clothed. I think about the poor people living in slums, and how they're so uncertain about their living conditions, and I find myself thankful that I stay in a private property, with an air conditioned room to sleep in every night. I think about the people without opportunities - opportunities to study, explore their talents, and travel abroad, and I find myself thankful that although my education comes at a hefty price tag, my parents are able to afford it. I find myself thankful that my parents allowed me to take up the piano when I bugged them about it, and although I haven't been playing for long, playing the piano will always be one of my passions. I find myself thankful that I have traveled pretty much of the world - I might not have been to Europe, or Middle East or whatsoever, but I have had the opportunity to visit America, 9000 miles away. I think about orphans without parents, and I find myself thankful for a pair of loving parents, although I might not think that way sometimes. I bug my dad about getting me a car but some people can't even walk. I have a couple of branded/luxury items and then I think about kids who don't even have clothes for themselves. When I complain about how my computer isn't fast enough, how my iPod keeps dying, how my BB sucks (lol, couldn't resist!), I think about how some people don't even have electricity and heat for their entire lives. My life might be depressing to me, but I suppose many others would fight to be in my place. And each time I think about how depressing my life can be, I'm gonna remind myself to be thankful for everything I have - a loving God who will never forsake me, a family who is always faithful and loving, a boyfriend who constantly dotes on me and listens to me whine, and friends who stick around with me no matter what. And I remind myself that I am truly lucky to be here, right where I am.
Wow how did a little complaining about my mundane life turn out to be such a long chunk of words? Hahaha. Okay time for a little studying and some New Girl :) May 3rd just hurry come already, haha. Hate how I'm so full of contradictions sometimes.
I hope Monday has been kind to you all! To my NUS & NTU friends, hang in there, your break is coming soon! To my UB friends, chin up, we're just three weeks away from our holiday (just try to forget Summer is coming up after that, hehe).
Have a good week y'all, x.
No comments:
Post a Comment