Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bintan (15-17 May)

Went to Bintan last week from 15th-17th May! We stayed at Bintan Lagoon haha and it was a pretty boring place, there's no shopping there and food is overpriced (to ripoff tourists, what else), the free breakfast buffet was pretty mediocre, activities were quite pricey (except cycling hahaha $6/h lol) and you'll get to enjoy a free activity if you sign up for their member (which we did!) 

Despite all these, the thing that I really liked was the room (it was huge!) - there was a bed AND a daybed, they had a balcony for our room, and the toilet was pretty big! I also liked the fact that they had so many pillows and get this - THEY HAD BOLSTERS!!! I've never stayed in a hotel with bolsters before (and I need a bolster to sleep lol..) so I was quite thrilled. 

We spent a lot of time lounging by the pool tanning and reading the books we'd brought, and we spent a lot of time swimming around too. Played basketball in the pool lol, and we actually had one of the entire pools to ourselves after the Koreans left haha. Went crazy on the slides and all lol. 

Okay pictures - 



View from our balcony 



Lol had to wake up really early (530am) so I didn't really feel like wearing contacts. 

On the first night after we had gone to bed (we slept pretty early 'cause we were rather tired + wanted to wake up earlier the next day!), we got shocked awake by fireworks hahaha. I initially thought Bintan was under attack or something HAHAHA 


It's so pretty, I miss Bintan alrdy! I miss waking up and not knowing what to do hahahahaha 

Lol hi 




I didn't take much photos (because I didn't wanna bring my valuables and leave them lying around when we went to swim) so I don't really have much photos - these were taken when we were gonna check out soon! 

(The camera really sucks haha so blurry) 




The messy room hahaha ( we put the do-not-disturb thingy outside so the housekeeping didn't clean up our room) 

I miss waking up to this already :( 

For some reason we were always super tired in Bintan hahahaha we stayed in the hotel room to sleep and watch TV quite a bit. Must be the sun! 


Details in the room 


This is the Resort lobby!


Old camera sucks ttm 

Touristy lol. 


Waiting for the bus to send us to the immigration place! 


The beach with angmohs walking around haha 

Waiting to board the ferry! 




The beach! We had gone there once or twice I think but never really stayed there long (tanned by the pool mostly) but it is super pretty! 




Look at the beach!! The water seems so clear and the sand seems so white and fine... 




Okay the next few photos are gonna look the same, it's just photos of our journey back to Singapore haha 






Bokeh HAHAHA no la I kid 











And it's back to Singapore.. 





It's a plane! 


Yknow I never thought I'd enjoy a holiday like this because typically the holidays I've been to are all the super hectic kind (e.g. BKK and shopping till my legs cramped up hahahah) but I really loved Bintan! Other than the lousy food choices (bring your own food there!) I really loved the place. I think it's because we went during a relatively off-peak season so the place wasn't very crowded and we got to really lounge by the pool in relative peace haha ^.^ The staff were quite friendly I guess (we didn't talk to them much..) hahahaha. 

I'd love to come back to Bintan again because it's so near and accessible but I'd also want to explore other beach destinations! Can't wait for Europe in 1.5 weeks time :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment