Sunday, March 8, 2015

Time heals all wounds.

Just how often can a person face the same thing, same unhappiness, over and over again before he/she decides to do something and walk away from it? Just how many apologies are needed to make things better and undo all the unhappiness that has been caused? Just how many times does this have to happen, before people will finally wake up and realize that they deserve so much better than that?

Asked myself these questions today. The last time, I said I'll never let this shit happen to myself again and that I choose myself and that I deserve better. I told myself to walk away from this unhappiness, told myself to not let such things happen to me anymore. But I was weak and I caved.. Again and again.

Yesterday I finally decided that I really ought to choose myself and put my own happiness before everyone else's. That if I didn't make myself happy, that no one could. I decided not to let myself be surrounded by people who brought me nothing but negative vibes. Just like how you always chose yourself over me, last night I decided to choose myself.

Yknow what's scary yet liberating? Thinking that you couldn't live without something or someone, but making the first step and realizing that you actually could.

No comments:

Post a Comment